Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Genting Hill not Genting Highland

Imagine that you have your lovely dinner on the hill accompanied with beautiful sunset, it is such a romantic scene,  right?  

The place that I want to introduce today is Bukit Genting Hill (also called Little Genting) which located at Balik Pulau.

Actually it is a hill top restaurant.  
They serve Thai cuisine, famous with their kerabu, green curries, plad padprik, pud pet chicken, lemon squids and Tomyam. 

For me, the price is considered reasonable. 

There are plenty of places for you to choose from and there are also private dining areas with excellent views facing the south western part of Penang Island. 
As long as you choose the seating next to the hill slope, the view is just magnificent.

Sunset view from the restaurant.
I do like this place. We can pay for the delicious Thai food but we can‘t buy the nature beauty here. 
The sunset scenery here is sooooo nice. 
You definitely can't feel the beauty of nature through the photos unless you come to here.

From the restaurant we can see the amazing sea view as well as the wide, peaceful paddy fields.  
 On the other side of the hill, we can see the towns in Balik Pulau.

It is quite difficult to find. You need to watch out for some road signs to bring you to the top. The road is pretty steep and narrow. 
For visitors, I would advice that to arrange with your tour guide or hotel for transportation. I don't think taxi would be able to bring you up there.   
Oh ya, I know that someone will say: “ I use GPS la!”.
For your information, my friends get lost at Balik Pulau because GPS couldn’t bring them to the destination. 

Actually there are a lot more to discover here such like the theme park, flora and fauna. 
I wish I can take more picture there and share with you all when I visit there again.

2 comments:

JesseTong said...

u should go there during night time, more beautiful

Jovyin said...

I know ar. But the sunset view oso nice ar~~ I will go again. hehe.