Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Putu Mayam


 Guys, do you know what is the proper name for this food?

 It is a popular food in Malaysia, and I eat since I was a kid, but I did not know the proper name for this food until yesterday...

I told my boyfriend that I took “MUTU MAYONG" as my dinner and he keep on laughing at me...

After that, I just knew that the proper name for this food is called Iddiyappam. or " PUTU MAYAM" in Malay.

 
In Malaysia, putu mayam is commonly sold as street food such like road side or market. Normally, it is served with grated coconut and jaggery, or, preferably, gur (date palm sugar).

One pack of Putu Mayam with 5 pieces only cost me RM1.20, very cheap right?? But I wonder why the young generation don't like street food like putu mayam and they prefer to spend more for fast food.

No comments: